ExxonMobil & Berlitz
Berlitz has the resources, expertise, and course options to elevate your language and communication skills, strengthen your cultural competency, and give you a competitive professional edge.
For nearly 140 years, Berlitz has established itself as a global leader in quality language, communication, and cultural training. Through its global scope, the trusted Berlitz Method®, customizable instruction options, and experienced instructors, Berlitz consistently achieves the goal of producing successful and satisfied customers.
In order to ensure program quality and to enable you to meet your goals effectively, Berlitz has developed the Berlitz Learning Cycle.
To start, we assess your needs and abilities in order to place you in the appropriate level. Your instruction will be adapted to suit your individual learning style. As you progress through your program, you will receive regular feedback and counseling. At the end of your course, a final level check and certificate of achievement will mark your accomplishment.
ExxonMobil & Berlitz Proficiency Level Descriptions & Correlation
The most effective way to learn a new language is with frequent, intense, immersive blocks of instruction, rather than with instruction spread out over a long period of time.
Intense instruction enables you to reach your goals more quickly. You will forget less between lessons and spend more time on learning new material. You will not need to devote as much time to reviewing concepts you have already learned but may have forgotten over time.
Berlitz offers intense instruction not just because it is the best way to learn a new language, but because we value your time and want to ensure you achieve your goals as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Language & Communication Training Programs
Choose a Berlitz program and delivery platform that will fit your needs, goals, and schedule. Lessons are available through traditional classroom format or 100% live, instructor-led through the internet (Berlitz Virtual Classroom - BVC). Programs are available in a variety of lengths and schedules.
Learn Online. Berlitz offers an immersive online experience so you can learn the way that works best for you, 24/7. Our knowledgeable instructors virtually guide you face-to-face throughout your personal learning journey to ensure you get the most rewarding experience possible.
Learn In-Person. Love the idea of interacting with an instructor in person? Our dynamic, in-person classes allow you to work in a classroom alongside our expert instructors and fellow students.
Self-Study. The self-study option is an online toolkit with lessons and activities customized for your personal learning objectives, there whenever you want it
Berlitz Individual Instruction options provide one-on-one coaching. You learn at your own pace and on your own schedule with a highly trained Berlitz instructor. Choose the location for your lessons that best suits your lifestyle – 100% live, instructor-led through the internet (BVC), or face-to-face in a traditional classroom setting.
The available Berlitz Individual Instruction options include:
- Individual Instruction: live, instructor-led through the internet (@31.5hrs) available globally
Actual investment for a 31.5-hour program, the typical number of hours expected to complete one level of proficiency
- Individual Instruction traditional classroom setting (@31.5hrs)
Corporate Group Instruction is tailored to the needs of a group of co-workers or team members with similar proficiency levels. Lessons are led by a highly-trained Berlitz instructor either in a traditional face-to-face classroom or BVC 100% live, instructor-led through the internet.
Traditional Face-to-Face Program team members meet in groups and content is customized to field-specific terminology, business presentations, etc. BVC program team members can also meet in groups and the advantage of this option is that the group can be formed from multiple locations. Content is also customized to field-specific terminology, business presentations, etc.
The available Berlitz Corporate Group Instruction options include:
- Corporate Group Instruction: live, instructor-led through the internet (@45hrs, 2-8pax) available globally
Actual investment for a 45-hour program, the typical number of hours expected to complete one level of proficiency when taken as a group
- Corporate Group Instruction traditional classroom setting (@45hrs, 2-10pax)
CyberTeachers is a web-based software program for personalized language learning. This program generates self-study e-lessons that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Training media includes videos, audio clips, pronunciation practice, current news articles, and daily emails. CyberTeachers is available in English, French, German and Spanish.
- CyberTeachers with Conversation Coaching Lessons includes all the features of the classic CyberTeachers program, with the added benefits of live one-on-one conversational coaching with a live instructor (via telephone or video conferencing).
- You schedule the 30-minute lessons during the times that are most convenient to you.
- CyberTeachers (6 and 12-month licenses with live phone coaching)
Business English Communication & Culture Skills
The Business English Communication Skills (BECS) program is 100% instructor-led and primarily delivered virtually through the internet. The traditional classroom format is only available in Houston, Texas. The program is designed specifically for non-native English speakers with an upper intermediate to advanced starting level of English proficiency, who wish to improve their communication skills in English. Learners must be placed at least at ExxonMobil Level 5 to attend this program. Available in USA locations only.
Available Communication Programs
- BECS Traditional Face-to-Face Private: this traditional face-to-face option (@36hrs) is only available in Houston
- BECS Private Virtual: live, instructor-led through the internet (@36hrs) available globally
- BECS Traditional Face-to-Face Group: this traditional face-to-face option (@36 hours, 2-10pax) is only available in Houston
- BECS Group Virtual: live, instructor-led through the internet (@36hrs 2-8pax) available globally
The available modules include:
Private or Group| 6.75 hours (3 sessions of 2.25 hours)
Prepare for and deliver effective and powerful presentations to global audiences.
- Visual communication techniques
- Tone of voice
- Body language
- Dealing with difficult situations and disruptions
- Handling Q&A sessions concisely and appropriately.
Private or Group | 2.25 hours (1 session of 2.25 hours)
Make your presentations even more compelling and successful.
- Generating and maintaining audience attention
- Compelling audiences to take action
Private or Group | 4.5 hours (2 sessions of 2.25 hours
Use communication skills to motivate and coach members of a team.
- Assertive communication and active listening skills
- Situational leadership theory
- Giving appropriate feedback
- Leading through persuasion
Private or Group | 6.75 hours (3 sessions of 2.25 hours)
Negotiate confidently, both within and outside your organization.
- Preparing for a negotiation
- Understanding and applying core negotiation theory tools.
- Using appropriate structure and language
- Handling conflict
Private or Group| 9 hours (4 sessions of 2.25 hours)
Use virtual communication to reach and collaborate with clients, counterparts, and colleagues around the world.
- Successful teleconferencing elements
- Effective participation in teleconferences
- Facilitating a teleconference
- E-mail writing (appropriate structure, tone, register, and word choice for both internal and external contacts)
Private or Group | 6.75 hours (3 sessions of 2.25 hours) | Prerequisite: Leadership Communication module
Connect with and relate to team members at all levels of an organization: subordinates, superiors, and peers.
- Motivating and effecting change
- Using diplomatic language to communicate effectively with superiors
- Persuasion and influence
- Active listening and emotional intelligence
Private or Group| 4.5 hours (2 sessions of 2.25 hours)
Understand the impact of culture in customer service situations.
- Using the Cultural Orientations Model to understand the cultural differences encountered in a global workplace
- Appropriate phrases, tone, and empathy
- Managing complaints
- Connecting with customers in a multicultural environment
Private or Group | 6.75 hours (3 sessions of 2.25 hours)
Prepare for the challenges that can arise when managing employees and teams, and learn the importance of communicating clearly in both positive and negative circumstances.
- Leadership attributes
- Motivating employees
- SMART goals
- Performance reviews
- Managing conflict and handling difficult employees
- Best practices when disciplining employees
- Empathetic language
Private or Group | 4.5 hours (2 sessions of 2.25 hours)
Plan, communicate, and implement change, while managing resistance that may arise during the process.
- Understanding and communicating change
- Overcoming resistance to change
- Implementing change in an organization
- Putting change theories into practice
Private or Group | 4.5 hours (2 sessions of 2.25 hours) | Prerequisites: Leadership Communication AND Management Communication modules
Take a closer look at the importance of strong leadership and leadership communication.
- Understanding and applying leadership theories
- Characteristics of great leaders
- Establishing a personal leadership brand