Berlitz has partnered with Indeed Japan to provide language training to elevate your language and communication skills, strengthen your cultural competency, and give you a competitive professional edge.
Berlitz Private Instruction
Learn a language at your own pace, when it’s convenient for you. Berlitz Private Instruction offers maximum flexibility.
- Available online
- One-on-one learning with a highly-trained, native-fluent Berlitz instructor using the conversational Berlitz Method
- Ample opportunity for conversation, comprehension and practice
- Convenient, flexible scheduling
- Spend approximately 50% of the time listening and 50% of the time speaking
- Custom vocabulary includes specialized business terminology for Indeed Japan
Berlitz program benefits
Berlitz offers the fastest, most effective way to learn a new language—students start speaking a new language in just one week. Here’s how Berlitz can help Indeed Japan employees:
- Your lessons are conducted in the target language from day one and each activity focuses on a specific learning goal tailored to your needs.
- Language is presented in the context of real-life situations rather than academic translations or grammar rules—no obscure phrases that aren’t useful in the real world.
- Your instructor guides you through a process of practice and presentation to help you quickly absorb what you’ve learned and progress to the next level.
- Berlitz incorporates cultural understanding into language learning to help people more effectively use their language skills in social and business situations.
- Learning with Berlitz follows a cycle that ensures fast and efficient progress.
- The process starts with an evaluation of your language goals and proficiency level so that we can recommend the most effective program for you.
- Throughout your program, there are regular milestones where you can check to see if you’re on track and access any extra support you might need on your learning journey.
- Berlitz will regularly measure your understanding and skills to see how you’ve progressed and when to move to the next level. Berlitz even provides a certification of your achievements.
- The Berlitz approach ensures you are continuously improving and don’t get stuck along the way.
Does it work?
Well, hear what others are saying:
“Berlitz has proven to be an extremely reliable global training partner, who guarantees high quality in planning and implementation and at the same time reacts quickly and flexibly to new requirements. In our cooperation we highly appreciate the customer orientation and the smooth communication with the Berlitz team. We look forward to our further cooperation which will surely expand to new topics and locations.”
“As a further training partner, Berlitz offers our company expert and professional teaching–including on topics specifically tailored to our requirements and needs. In addition to Berlitz’s reliability and flexibility, we value the excellent support we are given with planning and organizing the training measures.”
“Berlitz tailors its wide array of language teaching options to our requirements and assists and advises us professionally at all times, both at the preparatory stage and at the teaching stage. They also always find a solution when challenges arise. Our participants are impressed by the teaching quality.”
Pre-enrollment assessment is required
Prior to registration, all new and returning learners must complete the proficiency level assessment. The assessment is not required if you are a complete beginner in the target language you select.
Click the button below to launch the assessment. After you have completed the assessment, you may continue your registration by completing the form below. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Request a course
Fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss your learning options and answer any questions you may have.
Berlitz offers the fastest and most effective way to learn a new language, providing flexible programs that give you practical skills in communication that can help you succeed anywhere in the world. As a pioneer in language and intercultural communication for over 140 years, Berlitz uses innovative techniques to help you learn through flexible programs taught in-person and online where you’ll cultivate life-changing skills that can lead to enriching global travel, increased career opportunities and greater confidence. Berlitz courses give individuals, families, and business leaders the skills and cultural awareness to engage confidently with people around the world.
Our vision is to connect global communities and enrich lives through cultural understanding and language. Our mission is to empower customers to achieve their goals in a global environment by providing individualized tools and solutions that give them language, communication and cultural competence anywhere in the world.
What we believe in
- The most effective way of learning is learning from people and with people.
- Intercultural competencies are key to successful communication in a global environment.
- Immediate results and constant progress drive motivation and self-confidence.
- Only by acquiring relevant skills can people become self-confident and unleash their full potential in life.
- Our passion and commitment to client goal achievement engenders trust.
The cycle ensures you are always on track to achieving your specific language goals. With dedicated instructors and academic specialists, you have an entire team committed to your success and will guide you through your language journey.
How does it work?
To start, we assess your needs, goals and language proficiency to identify the ideal starting level. Your course is adapted to suit your individual learning style and objectives. As you progress through the program, you’ll receive regular feedback and guidance to keep you motivated and moving forward. At the end of the course, a final level check and certificate of achievement will mark your accomplishment.
All Berlitz language programs have standardized proficiency levels that allow you to measure and track your progress. We determine your current proficiency level before you begin your course. As you advance, we assess your skills before you move to the next level.
Knowledge of language is sufficient to communicate in a very limited way, with the simplest oral and listening tasks and situations.
At the functional level, you have a basic command of the language in a limited range of simple, routine, and familiar tasks and situations.
You can handle most uncomplicated communicative tasks, and routine social and work situations. You can follow the general meaning of a conversation about familiar subjects.
At the intermediate level, you are able to refashion and combine learned material to meet your immediate communication and learning needs. You can comprehend information on familiar topics in contextualized settings and produce sustained conversations with others on an expanding variety of general topics.
Upper Intermediate Ability
You can, to an extent, initiate, sustain and conclude most routine communicative tasks for personal and work needs.
At the upper intermediate level, you have assimilated the essentials of the language. You can communicate competently and comfortably in many professional and personal contexts and can find different ways of formulating what you want to express.
You begin to create with the language in more complex, cognitively demanding situations and in conversations, and can deal comfortably with most subjects over the telephone.
At the advanced level, you communicate effectively and appropriately even in demanding oral tasks and situations, like conducting a meeting. You can participate easily in social and professional conversations and can deal comfortably with most subjects over the telephone.
You communicate effectively with various audiences on a wide range of familiar and new topics to meet most personal, academic or professional demands—including many that presume experience in public speaking and critical listening.
At the professional level, you have full command of the language. You understand and can use virtually all linguistic structures as well as a range of vocabulary items as broad and deep as that of most educated native speakers. Communication is fluent, appropriate and well organized—you develop ideas in speech clearly and coherently.
The most effective way to learn a new language is with frequent, intensive immersive blocks of instruction rather than instruction spread out over a long period of time.
Intensive program schedules enable you to reach your goals quicker. You spend less time reviewing concepts you covered in your last lesson and more time building your language skills.
Berlitz values your time and wants to ensure you achieve your goals as quickly and efficiently as possible.