Purpose and Use
Our websites are intended solely for persons who are 18 or older. Any access to or use of our websites by anyone under 18 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using our websites, you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older.
Content Ownership and Permissions
Our websites and their content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. Berlitz and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the content. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise in or to any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Berlitz or its licensors.
Berlitz Languages, Inc., 7 Roszel Road, Princeton, NJ 08540
Berlitz does not monitor all activity on its websites but reserves the right to do so.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security measures on the websites, including, without limitation:
- Using a false password or one belonging to another user or accessing data not intended for the user or logging into a server or account which such user is not authorized to access;
- Disclosing a password or permitting a third-party to use a password or failing to notify Berlitz if a password is compromised;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, "flooding", "mail bombing" or "crashing";
- Sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting; or
- Hijacking all or any part of the website content, deleting or changing any website content, or linking to the websites without our specific written permission.
Users agree to use the websites only for lawful purposes. Users may not use the websites to post, submit or transmit any text, graphics, images, software, music, audio, video, information or other material that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates Berlitz, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, or a third-party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances (including but not limited to activities that promote or provide instructional information regarding the manufacture or purchase of illegal weapons or illegal substances).
Berlitz has absolute discretion to determine if any use violates these rules, and to act as it deems appropriate in the event of any violation. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Berlitz will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, cooperate with, and make disclosures to, law enforcement authorities in identifying and prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
Termination of Usage
Berlitz’ policy is not to accept or consider any unsolicited ideas or materials of any kind. Do NOT submit any such materials. If you violate this prohibition, we reserve the right to consider all materials submitted as non-confidential and free of any claims of proprietary or personal rights. Such material and all rights will be our property, free and clear of any claims by you or others, and we will be able to use them for any purpose, including advertising and promotion, without compensation or any other obligations to anyone, including you.
Internet and Links
Berlitz assumes no responsibility for the security of our websites or your communications with our websites on the internet. It is strictly prohibited to link other sites with our websites without Berlitz' prior written permission. We may permit some links for convenience, but Berlitz is not responsible for any unaffiliated sites to which it is linked or for material posted to our websites by anyone other than Berlitz. Links to unaffiliated sites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Berlitz of such sites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such sites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such sites or resources. Berlitz makes no representations or warranties about the content, completeness or accuracy of the links or the sites linked to our websites. Please note that the site rules and privacy policies of linked sites may differ from those of Berlitz and should be reviewed by you when you access any other site.
It is strictly prohibited to disrupt or damage our websites, their contents or their security measures or to harass or disparage Berlitz or our products or services or personnel. No unsolicited email (spam) may be directed to or through our websites.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Notice
Berlitz Languages, Inc. owns, protects and enforces copyright in its own creative materials and respects the intellectual property of others. Our websites contain materials of third-parties and links to third-party sites, portals and directories. As a result, materials of third-parties, not owned or controlled by Berlitz, are included in or linked to our websites or are stored or transmitted by or over the Berlitz websites. To the best of Berlitz' knowledge, these materials do not infringe the copyrights of others. Upon receipt of proper notice of claimed infringement (the next paragraph explains how to give proper notice), Berlitz will respond expeditiously by removing or disabling access to materials claimed to be infringing or by removing or disabling access to links to such material. It is the policy of Berlitz to terminate its relationships with third-parties who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others where such parties are known to Berlitz to be repeat infringers in connection with their use of the Berlitz websites, links, or storage and communication systems and networks.
How to Provide Notice of Infringement Claims
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Berlitz’ Agent for Notice listed below with the following information in a written notice:
- An identification of the copyrighted work (or a list of copyrighted works) that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide enough detail that we may find it on our websites;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in your notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and,
- Your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf.
Berlitz' designated Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
- Service Provider: Berlitz Languages, Inc.
- Name of Agent for Notice: Rita Pauls
- By mail: 7 Roszel Rd, Princeton, NJ 08540
- By phone: (609) 759-5371
- By fax: (609) 524-9870
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Berlitz follows the procedures outlined in the DMCA with regard to appropriate notifications of the user and the complaining party, acceptance of counter notifications, and where indicated, “putback” of the alleged infringing material. Refer to the United States Copyright Office for the provisions of the DMCA at www.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf.
OUR WEBSITES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON OUR WEBSITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, BERLITZ EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
BERLITZ MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITES AND CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. BERLITZ MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY BERLITZ CONTENT OR INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES.
BERLITZ DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT THE FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THE WEBSITES WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MAY MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES. BERLITZ DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR RISK FOR YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITES.
Limitation of Liability
Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusions of liability for certain types of damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you to the extent prohibited by law. In such cases, Berlitz’ liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Estore Purchases Terms and Conditions
Please read and agree to the terms and conditions below regarding any enrollment made through the estore ShopBerlitz.us. By providing your acceptance, you agree to all terms and conditions regarding this enrollment.
- All fees are paid in full before the start of your training.
- Each lesson is 45 minutes long, including a short break. A minimum of 3 consecutive lessons should be scheduled per day.
- Berlitz supervisors may monitor/observe instruction for training and quality assurance.
- The term of this agreement is based on the program length discussed with your Berlitz representative. Any lessons not taken by the contract expiration date will be forfeited.
- Students may re-schedule private lessons by requesting the change before 5 p.m. of the working day preceding the scheduled lessons. Working days are Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays. If notification is received after 5 p.m. of the working day or not at all, the student will be charged for the lessons scheduled and not taken regardless of the reason for wanting to re-schedule.
- Private students may withdraw up to the midpoint of the program start date and program expiration date discussed. Upon notification by the student, a refund of the remaining balance will be issued to the party who remitted the funds.
- Private students may transfer account balances representing lessons paid for but not used to any Berlitz Language Center in the world prior to the program expiration date stipulated in the company contract. Because Berlitz transfers cash value and not lessons, the number of lessons may vary due to prices at destination centers and exchange fluctuations.
- For Public Group/Semi-private programs, there are no refunds or schedule changes. Public Group/Semi-private students can receive a complete refund if Berlitz is unable to form a group and refunds will be refunded to the party who remitted the funds.
- This enrollment includes a non-refundable registration fee.
- The student must attend 65% of the program and pass the Berlitz Level Check session in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Warning: ANY USE OF THE WEBSITES IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES CONSTITUTES TRESPASS AND/OR INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF BERLITZ AND MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU.
Find out more
Fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss your learning options and answer any questions you may have.