What Are Cookies and How Do We Use Them?
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. On the Berlitz testing website we use one kind of cookies only: session cookies.
Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you exit your browser, they go away. We use session cookies to maintain your personal information and calculate testing scores while you are taking test.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information that you entered during registration. In addition we collect your test results.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use your information as follows:
- To send you test results upon completion of test
- To send your test results to a second email address that you entered in registration form
- To send your test results to the Berlitz Language Center where you are registered
- To send your results to your corporate Training or Human Resources Department
- We may send you an email offer. We do this only if you have indicated in registration form that you are willing to receive email offers.
- Berlitz respects your privacy. We will not call you unless you have indicated telephone as your preferred contact method. In addition, your personal information like your e-mail and phone number will not be sold or given to any third party.
Is My Information Secure?
Berlitz Corporation is committed to doing its best to maintain the security of information collected on our site. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. However, due to the nature of electronic communications, we cannot and do not provide any representations, warranties or assurances that the contents will not become known or accessible to third parties.
Due to the changing nature of the Internet, Berlitz reserves the right to change this policy at any time, effective on the date the changes are posted to the site.
Information Received from the European Union, European Economic Area, or Switzerland
For personal information received from the European Union, European Economic Area, or Switzerland, Berlitz is committed to handling your personal information in accordance with this Policy and the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, as the case may be), as administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce. If there is any conflict between the terms of this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks, and to view Berlitz’ certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
In addition to our worldwide customers requiring General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance, Berlitz is also committed to handling personal information in accordance to those regulations. For more information please read our Data Protection Declaration.
How Can You Contact Us?