General Terms & Conditions of Berlitz Schools of Languages BV
- Our general terms and conditions are applicable exclusively as of the learner's enrolment. No exceptions may be made to these rules except by express written agreement, signed by both parties.
- Fees for private and group courses are payable in advance at the time of enrolment. For companies, the invoice will be issued upon receipt of the purchase order and will be paid in cash.
- If, however, some monies remain outstanding after the course start date, BERLITZ will have the right to claim, in addition to the principal, a penalty interest of 12% per annum and to invoke the application of a penalty clause of 15% on the sums payable.
- The rate applicable upon the date of enrolment remains in effect for three months. Beyond this period, outstanding lessons may be subject to adjustment to take account of increased costs.
- For private face-to-face courses, learners can cancel or postpone certain lessons provided they notify the school's planning office, by email only, before 2.00 pm on the last working day before the lesson in question. Private distance lessons can be canceled or postponed at firstname.lastname@example.org before 1.00 pm on the last working day before the lesson in question. No private class missed without notice can be recouped. After two consecutive absences without notice, the scheduled timetable for the private lessons may be suspended, in the interests of the learner. At the request of the learner or his or her company, the value of classes not taken may be transferred to any other school within the BERLITZ Group, notwithstanding the fact that the new school may apply a different rate. Credit for classes not taken may also be reimbursed, provided that this is requested by registered letter within 6 months of the enrolment date and subject to the deduction of administrative costs at the fixed rate of 40 Euros.
- Face-to-face and distance group lessons will be held on the days and at the times determined by BERLITZ and may under no circumstances be postponed or reimbursed. In the interests of learners, BERLITZ may withdraw or merge some classes if the number of participants is too low or, alternatively, split them if numbers are too high. BERLITZ may also transfer a learner to another class if this is more commensurate with his or her level.
- In order to habituate learners to a variety of pronunciations, teachers may be changed if the timetable permits.
- All lessons (except for telephone lessons) will be of 45 minutes duration, including a 5-minute break.
- All private telephone lessons will be of 30 minutes duration. Learners can cancel these lessons up to 6 hours before the start of the lesson, via the Net planning platform.
- Any complaints relating to teaching materials must be sent by registered letter to BERLITZ within eight days of their delivery, under penalty of forfeiture of entitlement. However, materials will remain the property of BERLITZ until such time as they have been paid for in full.
- In the event of any dispute, the courts of the judicial district of Brussels will have sole jurisdiction and only Belgian law will apply.
- Advertising: Berlitz uses and processes the personal data of each customer for its own promotional purposes by sending the customer information about goods or services which are similar to those already ordered or booked by the customer. The customer may revoke permission to this use of his or her data at any time by sending an email with the subject line “Data Protection" to email@example.com. The customer’s data shall then be deleted.