Why work for Berlitz?
With over 500 locations worldwide and lessons available from anywhere, working with Berlitz is ideal for people-oriented, motivated individuals who are looking to expand their own horizons.
From our instructors to staff at HQ, Berlitz employees deliver a uniquely personal learning experience, helping people better communicate and build connections, increase their confidence and create new opportunities.
If you have a passion for helping people achieve their goals, a career with Berlitz could be a great fit for you.
Current career opportunities
You can live, teach and travel in one of the world’s most captivating countries!
At Berlitz China, our instructors are guaranteed the excitement of teaching both children and adult professionals at one or more of our budding language centers throughout the country. You will deliver engaging lessons for kids groups of up to 4 students and work with professionals from top companies such as Shisheido, Apple, Bayer, LEGO, Pfizer, SAP and many more.
Berlitz is a global company that provides full-support to instructors under English-speaking managers. We offer competitive salary packages of up to 25,000 RMB with additional earning potential.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of working experience and a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate (certificate sponsorship available)
- Passport holder from one of the following countries:
US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Ireland
- Ability to commit to living and working abroad for at least one year
- Can provide a full background check
- Background in education or business is preferred, but not required
- Competitive salary packages of 18,000 – 25,000 RMB monthly, with extra earning potential
- Health insurance
- 12 paid holidays plus all Chinese National holidays
- 15 unpaid personal days
- Free package of Survival Chinese Course
- Visa and Work Permit sponsorship
- Recommendation letter for future employment, plus a Berlitz certificate in teaching English abroad
- Teach 120 units of 45 minutes a month, including group, individual and event lessons
- Maintain a 40-hour work week. Outside of teaching, duties include lesson and event prep, language center (LC) organization, student reports, student assessments and demo lessons
- Work with sales and LC staff to plan and hold events for existing and potential customers
- Implement and maintain the Berlitz Learning Cycle and Pedagogical Cycle
- Provide a professional and supportive work environment
- Travel to various client locations
Berlitz has been teaching languages for more than 140 years and has millions of successful alumni. Berlitz is expanding in cities across China, and we’re looking for dedicated and engaging individuals to become Berlitz Instructors.
Start your new adventure in China today!
Apply for our Berlitz instructor positions in China! We can’t wait to meet you.
At Berlitz we take security and your personal information seriously. Please be aware of individuals that may approach you falsely claiming to be Berlitz employees or representatives. Under this false pretense, they may try to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities on our behalf.
Berlitz will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. If you are being asked to pay fees or some other deposit or application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Berlitz. Such claims are fraudulent, and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Berlitz will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from the scammers. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Berlitz Recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact your local authorities.