Why get started with Berlitz English lessons for beginners
Around 400 million people worldwide speak English, making it the most influential language in the world. Businesses are becoming increasingly international, requiring English language skills from their employees. Learning the language not only makes it easier to travel, but also to consume international content on the Internet and understand many favorite movies, television shows, and pop music in their original English.
The easiest way to learn English is with the Berlitz Method. This is a conversational teaching style that teaches vocabulary and grammar in the context of real-life situations and focuses on learning through conversation. You can customize the course to your needs, giving you the confidence and skills to speak English from the start, even as a beginner. Whatever your learning style or situation is, we will tailor a program to help you learn English online, in-person, with a teacher, or on your own through self-study.
What will you learn in our English course for beginners?
Our basic English lessons for beginners consist of four proficiency levels. After completing each of these levels, you will be able to do the following:
Berlitz Level 1 | CEFR Level A 1
- Meet new people, introduce yourself, and say where you are from
- Order and offer food and talk about your favorite dishes
- Describe your work and the basic activities you do
- Make an appointment, ask questions, and give the time
- Give and ask for directions
- Make purchases, ask about prices, and compare products
- Make calls, receive and leave simple messages
Berlitz Level 2 | CEFR Level A 2.1
- Plan your next trip abroad and talk about your destination
- Describe your responsibilities and those of your work colleagues
- Contact a doctor, state your symptoms, and order medication
- Talk about your favorite hobbies
- Describe where you live and what your home and city are like
- Have simple conversations about technology
Berlitz Level 3 | CEFR Level A 2.2
- Make plans and suggest places to meet
- Describe vacation plans and leisure activities
- Order and describe the food at restaurants
- Talk about movies and buy event tickets
- Talk about traffic and ask for directions
- Ask about budgets and project specifications
Berlitz Level 4 | CEFR Level A 2.3
- Participate in social activities and special events
- Ask for and do favors and apologize
- Describe personal abilities and work skills
- Talk about finances
- Talk about current news and events
- Describe future plans
Further English language levels
English at the intermediate level
You will learn to carry on straightforward conversations in social and professional situations and to talk about familiar topics in contextualized settings. You will also be able to hold sustained conversations with others on diverse topics.
You will begin to be able to hold complex and sophisticated conversations and communicate effectively with various audiences on diverse familiar and new topics. You will be able to speak English confidently in most situations in a personal, academic, or professional setting.
Berlitz offers basic English courses for everyone
Beginning English learning offers you the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the language and interact with other language learners at the same level. Our language instructors create a positive environment, so you can develop and improve your skills every day.
English courses for adults
These language courses are suitable for adults of all learning types who want to communicate confidently in English.
English courses for business
With our corporate English courses, you will learn to communicate flawlessly in a professional environment and expand your intercultural skills at the same time.
Frequently asked questions
If you already have English knowledge, we will conduct a language test with you before you start your language course. After the needs analysis, we will talk with you about your learning goals so that we can find the right English course for you.
That depends on which course you choose. All course participants can see significant learning success after just a few weeks and advance at least one Berlitz level per course. If you choose one of the English intensive courses, you can even improve your language level by two levels.
For those who travel a lot and are looking for a flexible solution, our online English courses are perfect. We offer different course formats so that you can find the English course that best fits into your everyday life.
Find out more
Contact us today with your questions. We can work together to find the course that’s right for you – with no obligation on your part. Your Berlitz team will contact you shortly.