Study a language online, at your own pace
Berlitz’s online language courses give you the best of both worlds: the ability to study at your own pace, and the full support and motivation of a qualified instructor.
Why choose Berlitz online self-study language learning?
You’re in the driver’s seat
- With 24/7 access to your learning, from any device, anywhere, you can control when and where you learn, at a pace that matches your goals.
- Only have 15 minutes in between meetings? That’s not a problem. Lessons are broken up into bite-sized sessions, so you can learn whenever you have a free moment.
- When you study a language online with Berlitz, you have loads of opportunity to practice in conversation with real people, in real time, with instant feedback.
- Our self-study language courses include up to 20 one-on-one sessions with Berlitz instructors, via Skype or video call. These 30-minute sessions provide a golden opportunity to ask questions, seek guidance, target specifics and get a deeper understanding of the nuances of your chosen language.
- Having an in-language conversation with a fluent instructor is also a great chance to practice what you’ve learned and get immediate feedback on your progress.
Learn what interests you
- We know that you learn faster and more easily when you are interested in the subject. That’s why at Berlitz, you learn through interactive activities and videos based on topics you select that interest you.
- Just because you study a language online, does not mean you miss out on immersive learning. Your lessons use technology including voice recognition and interactive videos to fully engage you throughout your learning journey.
It’s all about you: personalized learning
- Before you start your online language course, you’ll complete our Berlitz placement test to ensure we match you with the most appropriate learning content. So, whether you are an absolute beginner, have some language skills, or are skilled and looking to become fluent, our portal will adapt to match your level and meet your needs.
- There are incorporated reviews and checkpoint in the learning path for those who want to fast-track their learning and cement their knowledge. Lessons are broken down into interactive activities you can complete when you have time.
Your Berlitz self-paced study course includes:
- Interactive online activities including videos
- Up to 20 speaking practice sessions with Berlitz instructors
- A placement test to match you to the appropriate level
- 30+ speaking practice sessions topics
- Regular mini-tests help you to track your progress
- Access to learning materials online and offline
How you’ll learn
- You’ll learn through a combination of online lessons and activities that you undertake in your own time and coaching sessions with a Berlitz instructor.
- Lessons include videos and practice activities to help you connect your new language to real-life contexts.
- Book time with an instructor to practice what you’ve learned through conversations, role-plays, and debates.
- Along the way, you’ll complete reviews to reinforce what you’ve learned.
Choose your self-paced study course
- for Berlitz English levels 1 to 8 (CEFR A1-B2.1)
- organized, level-based structure
- self-study lessons, culture lessons, checkpoints, and live online coaching sessions
- innovative voice recognition for active speaking practice
- log in using the MyBerlitz Student Portal
After completing your learning path, you can repeat the live coaching sessions as often as you like until your license expires.
Find out more
Fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss your learning options and answer any questions you may have.