Why you should learn English with Berlitz
Around 400 million people worldwide speak English, making it the most influential language in the world. Businesses are becoming increasingly international, requiring English language skills from their employees. Learning the language not only makes it easier to travel, but also to consume international content on the Internet and understand many favorite movies, television shows, and pop music in their original English.
The easiest way to learn English is with the famous Berlitz Method. This is a conversational teaching style that teaches vocabulary and grammar in the context of real-life situations and focuses on learning through conversation. You can customize the course to your needs, giving you the confidence and skills to speak English from the start, even as a beginner. Whatever your learning style or situation is, we will tailor a program to help you learn English online, on-site, with a teacher, or on your own through self-study.
What will you learn in our English course for beginners?
Our basic or beginner course consists of four proficiency levels. After completing each of these levels, you will be able to do the following:
Berlitz Level 1 | CEFR Level A 1
- Meet new people, introduce yourself, and say where you are from
- Order and offer food and talk about your favorite dishes
- Describe your work and the basic activities you do
- Make an appointment, ask questions, and give the time
- Give and ask for directions
- Make purchases, ask about prices, and compare products
- Make calls, receive and leave simple messages
Berlitz Level 2 | CEFR Level A 2.1
- Plan your next trip abroad and talk about your destination
- Describe your responsibilities and those of your work colleagues
- Contact a doctor, state your symptoms, and order medication
- Talk about your favorite hobbies
- Describe where you live and what your home and city are like
- Have simple conversations about technology
Berlitz Level 3 | CEFR Level A 2.2
- Make plans and suggest places to meet
- Describe vacation plans and leisure activities
- Order and describe food at restaurants
- Talk about movies and buy event tickets
- Talk about traffic and ask for directions
- Ask about budgets and project specifications
Berlitz Level 4 | CEFR Level A 2.3
- Participate in social activities and special events
- Ask for and do favors and apologize
- Describe personal abilities and work skills
- Talk about finances
- Talk about current news and events
- Describe future plans
Further English language levels
English at the intermediate level
You will learn to carry on straightforward conversations in social and professional situations and to talk about familiar topics in contextualized settings. You will also be able to hold sustained conversations with others on diverse topics.
Advanced and professional English
You will begin to be able to hold complex and sophisticated conversations and communicate effectively with various audiences on diverse familiar and new topics. You will be able to speak English confidently in most situations in a personal, academic, or professional setting.
Berlitz offers English courses for everyone
English courses for adults
These language courses are suitable for adults of all learning types who want to communicate confidently in English.
English courses for children and teenagers
In these language courses, children and teenagers learn to speak and understand English confidently at a young age.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
If you already have English knowledge, we will conduct a language test with you before you start your language course. After the needs analysis, we will talk with you about your learning goals so that we can find the right English course for you.
That depends on which course you choose. All course participants can see significant learning success after just a few weeks and advance at least one Berlitz level per course. If you choose one of the intensive courses, you can even improve your language level by two levels.
On the one hand, we offer language courses for adults who want to learn English in order to communicate confidently in their professional, international environment. On the other hand, we offer customized English courses for companies. In addition to language skills, you will also gain intercultural competence as well as management and leadership skills.
Adults of all ages are welcome in our beginner courses. We offer separate English courses for children and teenagers.
Find out more
Fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss your learning options and answer any questions you may have.