The most intensive way of learning
Total Immersion helps you achieve your linguistic objectives in record time. In one week you are guaranteed the accomplishment of your learning goals with course content customized to suit your specific needs. This program is for you if you want to see immediate improvement. Ideal choice for those who are getting ready for a mission abroad, are about to attend a conference, or simply do not want to spend long months studying.
Developed in collaboration with the McGill University Department of Psychology in Montreal, Total Immersion is the quickest and most effective way to master a new language. The Berlitz Method is renowned for its immersion teaching technique, and this program takes that principle to the next level. It consists of one-on-one instruction with a Berlitz trainer in 12 daily lessons. A team of 3 qualified native-fluent speaker trainers help you face any inhibitions you may have, keeping you speaking at least 50% of the time. If you are looking for intensive language solutions, then Total Immersion is your best choice.
Intensive daily use of the language in practical real-life situations will give you amazing confidence to communicate with people in person, since the course is focused mostly on practical conversational skills. Personalized attention with 100% lesson time learning – you are the center of attention!
Total Immersion includes
- Full-day intensive language lessons — 12 lessons daily.
- The undivided attention of a 3-member team of instructors.
- One "double lesson" every day (in the fourth unit of the day), which gives you the opportunity to engage in a free-flowing conversation with 2 instructors simultaneously.
- Lunch sessions with your personal language instructor every day so you can practice in a social environment outside of the classroom.
- Tech class: we provide you a 10-day access to Cyber Teachers for the week of your program. Your instructors will assign personalized exercises for you on this digital learning platform, which you can do during the second half of the day on your laptop or on one of the computers in the language center.
- Standard schedule: every weekday from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. (other options are available as well).
- Content topics & skills are designed to suit your specific needs, type of job or destination.
- Available in English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian and Hungarian.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both our private and group classes are made up of 45-minute units, including a 5-minute break. Our students normally take two units at a time, so the minimal length of one session is 90 minutes (2 units) with breaks as needed.
Our international group classes (Berlitz Live Online) last either 60 or 90 minutes, depending on group size.
The coaching sessions that come with our Berlitz Flexible online courses are 25 minutes long.
The group workshops accessible from our Cyber Teachers student platform last 30 minutes each.
The ideal level of intensity varies from student to student, but a minimum of two sessions per week (2X2) is generally recommended. During the free consultation prior to enrollment, we explore, among other things, what your expectations are about reaching your goals and how much time you can devote to language learning in general. Based on this information, our consultant will then give you an offer customized to your personal needs.
In order to assess our students’ language competency levels more accurately, we have developed our own competency scale, which offers a finer differentiation than the one provided by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).Our students’ listening comprehension and active speaking skills are tested against and placed along a level-scheme that extends from 1 (beginner level) to 10 (native level).
The number of units needed to complete a Berlitz competency level depends on the type of course taken:
- private course: 40 units
- group course: 50 units
- Berlitz live online: 60 units
- Berlitz Flexible online course: 6 months
- Berlitz Cyber Teachers student platform: 6 months, assuming 30 minutes of daily use
Once you sign up for a Berlitz language course, we will assess your language proficiency and indicate the right language program for your needs and goals. Prior to the course you can also test your current level with our online placement test which is available to test your language skills in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.
The time required to achieve the goals you set for yourself depends on your current level of competence and on the intensity of the course. So the answer to this question is determined through a free level test combined with a pre-enrollment consultation with our instructional specialist so you can be given a truly personalized offer.
Our instructors are native speakers or professionals that speak the target language at a native level. Many of our instructors have a background in business as well. Before they can teach our classes, all our instructors must pass our internal Berlitz Training course, where they learn the Berlitz method together with all the relevant course materials and class management techniques. Their work is regularly monitored by our chief instructional specialist.
We use our own self-developed general language and business materials, which are available both online and in paper-based print versions.
The course package contains the student book matching your skill level and interests as well as the audio recordings that come with the book.
We start courses continuously upon demand all year around.
We adjust the starting dates of our 4 to 8 person youth and children’s groups to terms of the school year.
Our instructors are available for teaching in the following time periods:
- in person teaching: weekdays from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Saturdays from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
- online: weekdays from 7.00 am to 8.00 pm
Our Berlitz Flex and CyberTeachers learning platforms can be used anywhere anytime.
- Private and closed group classes: Before the first class, the students receive an e-mail containing the link that will let them enter the online classroom. Naturally, our online courses also follow the Berlitz method.
- Berlitz Live Online: Our colleagues will show you how to use the program in a technical class scheduled at an agreed time. This demonstration is conducted in English.
- Berlitz Flexible and Cyber Teachers: On the first day of your access period, you will be e-mailed a link containing the information you need for accessing the program. On the platform you will also find instructional videos that walk you through each program function and task-type.
We only have a minimum age requirement for our courses, which is 7 seven years of age. Anyone older than 7 and interested in learning languages is welcome in our courses.
Please fill out the form below so our representative can contact you and tell you all the details about the courses and the enrollment process. Our staff is ready to answer your phone inquiries during our regular business hours at the following numbers: 70 336 5475 and 06 70 336 5473.
The price of a course depends on its type and on the number of classes booked. We have put together our program selections with the intent to offer solutions for all budgets.
Our fixed-price offers for adults:
- Berlitz Flexible English 6 months access: 149.400 Ft
- Berlitz Flexible English 12 months access: 274.800 Ft
- Berlitz Flexible German 6 months access: 187.400 Ft
- Berlitz Flexible German 12 months access: 356.400 Ft
- Berlitz Flexible French 6 months access: 187.400 Ft
- Berlitz Flexible French 12 months access: 356.400 Ft
- Berlitz Flexible Spanish 6 months access: 149.400 Ft
- Berlitz Flexible Spanish 12 months access: 274.800 Ft
- Cyber Teachers 6 months access: 69.900 Ft + ÁFA
- Cyber Teachers 12 months access: 99.900 Ft + ÁFA
Our fixed-price offers for children:
- 30 units in a closed group of 2: 127.500 Ft/person*
- 30 units of prepping for matriculation or language exams in closed groups of 2 to 3: 107.500 Ft/person
*this price does not include the price of the learning materials and the administration fee
To pay for the courses, you can choose either of the following payment methods:
- in person with a bank card or in cash at one of Language Canters,
- by wire transfer.
Extending beyond language teaching, our corporate portfolios include language competency level testing as well as organizing intercultural and other soft-skills training programs. To request a consultation or an offer, please fill out our request form. Our corporate account managers are ready to answer your phone queries during our regular business hours at the following numbers: 06 70 336 5471 and 06 70 611 7560.
Contact us and book an appointment for a consultation during which one of our colleagues will assess your language skills and will design a course for your needs. This meeting is free of charge and carries no further obligation.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Our offer to companies
Learn about the administrative processes that provide the background and support for our courses, and request an offer specifically tailored to your company's needs!
Companies that have already chosen Total Immersion
Find out more
Fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss your learning options and answer any questions you may have.