With ongoing, rapid globalization, organizations now have the ability to attract talent from across the world. But with these new opportunities come new challenges. The more diverse your workplace is, the more cultural gaps can drive wedges between colleagues, partners and clients. At Berlitz, our cultural consulting provides powerful, customized tools to maximize performance across cultures and reduce risk for your business.
With the Berlitz cultural training programs, you will learn the best way to leverage cultural differences and similarities to get the most out of every employee and to make your business attractive to global talent and clients.
Expanding beyond cultural borders opens up a wealth of opportunities for businesses in every industry – from a more effective workforce to more innovative environments. Here at Berlitz, we are dedicated to providing the necessary cultural training programs to make these opportunities a reality for all types of organizations.
Choose your tool
The Cultural Navigator
The Cultural Navigator provides valuable information and insights on a wide range of cultural topics important for people and institutions collaborating across borders.
This online learning platform helps users learn about their own personal cultural preferences and introduces them to the tools they need to communicate and collaborate more effectively with those from different backgrounds.
The platform includes dozens of learning activities and networking opportunities to facilitate collaboration across cultures.
Cultural Orientations Indicator (COI)
This personal assessment tool identifies an individual’s area of potential cultural differences and recommends behavioral adjustments to a specific country. The COI generates targeted comparisons and analysis of cultural gaps and provides a detailed tutorial to help intensify cultural sensitivity.
The six levels of culture
All Berlitz cultural training programs address the six levels of culture that impact people’s work-style preferences.
- National/Societal - What many people think of as the only type of culture, national cultures are the result of their country’s social, political and economic history.
- Social Identity Group - Each ethnic, religious, social or demographic group in any given place has its own cultural norms.
- Organizational - Organizations have their own unique cultures, often reflecting the vision and mission of the organization’s founders or current leaders.
- Functional - Within each organization, functions have their own cultures. For example, the IT department might have a different culture than the marketing department.
- Team - Building a team is not an easy task, even if the team’s members are all in the same department or have the same goals. The team leader is often the driver of their team’s culture.
- Individual (inter- and intra-personal) - Each person has their own unique culture, the result of their upbringing, education, career experiences, etc.
Cultural consulting and training services with Berlitz
If you are interested in cultural solutions for your organization, contact Berlitz. Our cultural training programs are custom designed and provide solutions for your specific business needs, including:
- Online instruction
- In-person training
- Cultural consulting
- Cultural assessments
Let us help your organization leverage culture for success.
Find out more
Fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss your learning options and answer any questions you may have.