Why get started with Berlitz Arabic lessons for beginners
When you learn Arabic with Berlitz, you will open opportunities to build valuable business and social relationships with native speakers across West Asia, the Middle East, and Northern Africa.
Our Arabic lessons for beginners are based around immersion, so you will start speaking the language from day one. This means you learn to speak Arabic in real-world conversations— taking the lessons off the page and into your life.
Importantly, when you study Arabic with Berlitz, you will learn the language along with the cultural nuances of native speakers. As a result, you learn to speak freely and fluently, avoid embarrassing cultural mistakes, and can speak confidently in any situation.
What will you learn in our Arabic course for beginners?
Our Arabic learning for beginners progresses through four proficiency levels. You will learn to do the following in each level:
Berlitz Level 1 | CEFR Level A 1
- Make new friends by introducing yourself and explaining the basics of who you are, what
work you do, and where you’re from.
- Embark on culinary adventures, ordering food in-language and discussing your food preferences.
- Ask basic questions, book appointments, and read and tell the time.
- Ask for (and give) basic directions.
- Shop: check prices, compare products and make purchases.
- Make and receive calls and leave appropriate messages.
Berlitz Level 2 | CEFR Level A 2.1
- Plan your trip abroad and talk about your schedule with Arabic-speaking tour guides and travel agents.
- Discuss your work responsibilities in simple language.
- Seek medical aid, discuss symptoms, and order medication.
- Chat about your hobbies.
- Talk to new friends and colleagues about your home and life.
- Discuss basic technology and get help for simple tech issues.
Berlitz Level 3 | CEFR Level A 2.2
- Make plans with business colleagues and new friends and suggest places to meet and socialize.
- Talk about your holiday plans and hobbies in detail.
- Watch movies in Arabic, buy tickets and attend events in-language.
- Discuss local traffic and get specific directions.
- Chat to colleagues about budgets and project specifications.
Berlitz Level 4 | CEFR Level A 2.3
- Actively participate in social activities and events.
- Talk to locals, ask for a favor, and say sorry.
- Detail your personal abilities and work skills.
- Talk about your personal and business finances.
- Discuss news and local events.
- Describe your plans in detail.
Further Arabic language levels
Arabic at the intermediate level
The next step in your journey to fluency, learning Arabic at an intermediate level will up-skill you to have natural, straightforward conversations in contextual settings. You will also be able to hold more sustained conversations at a deeper level.
Berlitz offers Arabic courses for everyone
At Berlitz, our basic Arabic learning for beginners is just the start of what we offer. We want to open the world of language for everyone, so whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced Arabic speaker, we can help you improve your skills and fluency. You will be supported through your study by expert native-level speaking instructors who are committed to your development and success.
Frequently asked questions
We want to make sure you enroll in the best course for your proficiency, goals, and language development. That’s why, before you commence Arabic classes, we will conduct a simple language test. Your answers will help us match you to the perfect course.
Your progress will depend on a few factors, including the intensity level of the course you choose, as well as how much time you set aside for your learning. However, because Berlitz uses an immersive technique, whichever mode you choose to study in, you will see significant learning development in just a few weeks.
Absolutely! Our online Arabic lessons are perfect for busy people. You choose when and where you learn, and you can access your lessons on any mobile device.