GOETHE Exam preparation - Prove your proficiency in German for immigration, work or study
More than 230,000 people decide to undertake a GOETHE Institute certified German language proficiency exam every year.
These certificates are typically used for:
- Migrant applications in the German speaking part of Switzerland in order to prove proficiency of German
- Applying for a position or at a university in the German speaking part of Switzerland or abroad in a German speaking country
- Living and working in the German speaking part of Switzerland or abroad in a German speaking country
Should you not find the exam you are interested in listed below, please get in touch with us.
The benefits of GOETHE exam preparation:
- Broadly recognized certification which can be used at many institutions worldwide as proof of language proficiency. Most GOETHE tests are suitable for study and visa applications
- We provide you with assistance in selecting the right test and level for your needs
- We offer highly effective individual preparation with suitable learning media and materials
- High scheduling flexibility
- Available for all relevant levels - A1, A2, B1, B2, etc
Which GOETHE exam is the right one for me?
Before you decide on an exam, we assess your current level with an oral test at the Berlitz Center to help you select the most suitable test. Once we have determined the optimum exam together, we prepare you for it in flexible and efficient individual lessons. You will then quickly acquire the necessary skills and background knowledge that you need for effective exam preparation.
The Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1 is a German exam for adults. It certifies that candidates have acquired very basic language skills and corresponds to the first level (A1).
The Goethe-Zertifikat A2 is a German exam for adults. It requires elementary language skills and corresponds to the second level (A2).
The Goethe-Zertifikat B1 is a German exam for young people and adults. It certifies that candidates are independent users of the German language and corresponds to the third level (B1).
The Goethe-Zertifikat B2 is a German exam for young people and adults. It certifies that candidates have acquired advanced language skills and corresponds to the fourth level (B2).
Goethe-Zertifikat C1 is an examination for adults. It certifies that candidates have acquired advanced language skills and corresponds to the fifth level (C1).
The Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS) is a German exam for adults. It certifies that candidates have acquired extremely advanced language skills and corresponds to the sixth level (C2).
Find out more
Contact us today with your questions. We can work together to find the course that’s right for you – with no obligation on your part. Fill in the form and your Berlitz team will contact you shortly.