These policy terms and conditions apply to Berlitz programs that are otherwise not subject to contract terms and conditions that may accompany Berlitz corporate agreements. Absent another prevailing agreement, these terms apply.
Policy terms and conditions
Cancellation: Students may cancel this Enrollment Agreement and receive a full refund of all tuition fees paid if notice of cancellation is received within 3 days of the scheduled training start date. Registration and material fees are not refundable.
Program Cancellation: If Berlitz cancels a program subsequent to a student’s enrollment, all monies paid will be refunded.
No Show: An enrolled student that fails to attend the first scheduled lesson will receive a refund of tuition fees in accordance with the table below.
Withdrawal or termination: Students are eligible for a refund of tuition fees up to the published contract midpoint of their term of enrollment OR prior to consuming 50% of the number of lessons denoted in the Program Information Section on page 1 of this Enrollment Agreement; whichever comes first. If a student should be terminated or withdraws for any reason, all refunds will be made according to the refund policy and refund table specified below.
Last Date of Attendance: All refunds are calculated based upon the last date of attendance (LDA) and are paid within forty-five (45) calendar days from the documented date of withdrawal determination (DOD).
Date of Determination: The date of determination is defined as (a) the date the student gives notice of withdrawal to Berlitz; (b) the date Berlitz administratively withdraws the student; or (c) the date Berlitz terminates the student due to failure to adhere to Berlitz’s attendance, conduct, or student progress policy. If a student provides notice of withdrawal such that the 45-day window ends before the last date of attendance, the refund will be paid within forty-five (45) calendar days from the last date of attendance (LDA). In the event that no notice of withdrawal (written or verbal) is provided, Berlitz will automatically withdraw a student after she/he has been absent from scheduled lessons for 30 consecutive calendar days (excluding any scheduled breaks of the institution).
Additional refund provisions:
· Enrollment agreement terms are contracted specific to each program and are based upon the course duration and schedule.
· For Corporate contracts, terms are made to comply with each specific corporate agreement.
· In the event your account becomes thirty (30) days past due, it may be turned over to a third-party collection agency or referred for legal action. If an account is turned over for collections, you will be responsible for all collection costs and legal fees associated with the collection of the debt. By signing this agreement and by providing Berlitz with your phone number(s), you agree that Berlitz has your express, written consent to provide your phone number(s) to third party debt collectors in the event of delinquency on your account. You acknowledge that phone numbers provided to Berlitz will be used by third-party debt collectors to contact you, should you become delinquent on your account, for the purpose of discussing the delinquency and attempting to collect on the debt.
|% of consumption||Tuition refund amount|
|10% or less||85%|
|More than 10% and less than or equal to 30%||65%|
|More than 30% and less than or equal to 50%||45%|
|More than 50% or after contract midpoint date||No refund|
*Material and Registration fees are not refundable.
1. Berlitz programs have varying session rescheduling allowance based on the program purchased. Review your Enrollment Agreement to see the rescheduling allowance associated with your program.
2. For in-person programs (this includes programs scheduled via a Learning Center but delivered online), Students may reschedule private lessons during their contract period, which can be done by requesting the change before 5 p.m. of the working day preceding the scheduled lessons.
· Working Days are Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays.
· If notification is received after 5 p.m. of the working day, or not at all, the student will be charged for the lessons scheduled and not taken regardless of the reason for wanting to reschedule.
3. For Live Online Programs, reschedules can be done up to 24 hours before the start of the session
1. Lessons lengths are 45 minutes, or 60 minutes, and include a short 5 min break.
2. The term of this agreement is noted by contract start date and expiration date located in the top right-hand corner of your agreement. Failure to take lessons within this period will result in the forfeiture of the lesson's funds. Students may request an extension of the contract one time, which will be granted at Berlitz's discretion.
3. During the program, lessons may be delivered by more than one instructor.
4. Berlitz supervisors may monitor/observe instruction for training and quality assurance.
5. Berlitz Programs have varying session rescheduling allowance based on the program purchased.
6. Students enrolled in Learning Center based Private Instruction have the following benefits:
· Students can take lessons in person at the Learning Center, or via Berlitz online platform.
· If the student is unable to attend the In-Person lesson (due to travel, etc.) Berlitz will offer the program via Berlitz online platform.
· If the center cannot be open for an unforeseen reason, lessons will be delivered via the Berlitz online platform.
7. Private students may transfer account balances representing lessons paid for but not used to any authorized Berlitz Language Center in the world prior to the contract expiration date noted above in the top right-hand corner of this agreement. Because Berlitz transfers cash value and not lessons, the number of lessons may vary due to prices at destination centers and exchange rate fluctuations.
8. For students of English only – “I have received an explanation of this agreement in my native language”.
9. The student must attend 80% of the program to receive a Certificate of Completion.
10. Berlitz Languages Inc. is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
11. Berlitz Instructors are native fluent in the language they teach, have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and have completed the Berlitz Instructor Qualification Program.
1. Berlitz Language Centers do not participate in the Student Tuition Recovery Fund. Any questions or problems concerning Berlitz that have not been satisfactorily answered or resolved by Berlitz should be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education, 400 R Street, Suite 5000, Sacramento, CA, 95814; (916) 445-3427.
2. Berlitz is registered with the State of California. Registration means Berlitz has met certain minimum standards imposed by the state for registered schools on the basis of our written application to the state. Registration does not mean Berlitz has met all of the more extensive standards required by the state for schools that are approved to operate or licensed or that the state has verified the information Berlitz submitted with our registration form.
3. The Enrollment Agreement is a legally binding instrument that will become effective when signed by you and accepted by Berlitz, as confirmed by Berlitz's execution of such Enrollment Agreement.
1. Berlitz does not provide any employment placement or counseling services in connection with the course for which you are enrolled, nor does it promise or guarantee employment of any kind by completing of the course of study described in the Enrollment Agreement.
2. By your signature on the Enrollment Agreement, you acknowledge that you received all disclosure material required by Section 5005 of the Educational Law of the State of New York.
Berlitz USA will refund Tuition fee minus Activation License fee of the product purchase within thirty (30) days of the date of purchase. The Berlitz Connect refund policy does not apply to any other product purchased from Berlitz USA.
Additional refund provisions:
1. Enrollment agreement terms are contracted specific to each program and are based upon the course duration and schedule.
2. In the event your account becomes thirty (30) days past due, it may be turned over to a third-party collection agency or referred for legal action. If an account is turned over for collections, you will be responsible for all collection costs and legal fees associated with the collection of the debt. By signing this agreement and by providing Berlitz with your phone number(s), you agree that Berlitz has your express, written consent to provide your phone number(s) to third-party debt collectors in the event of delinquency on your account. You acknowledge that phone numbers provided to Berlitz will be used by third-party debt collectors to contact you, should you become delinquent on your account, for the purpose of discussing the delinquency and attempting to collect on the debt.
|Time from date of purchase||Tuition refund amount|
|30 days or less||Tuition minus Activation fee (Activation Fee - 6 months 200.00/12 months 350.00)|
|More than 30 days||No refund|
Activation License is not refundable.
1. All fees must be paid in advance.
2. The term of this agreement is noted by the Agreement date located on your agreement.
3. This enrollment includes a non-refundable License Activation fee.
Berlitz USA will refund the Tuition fee minus a cancellation fee of the product purchased if cancellation request is submitted via email within seven (7) days of the activation of the license. The Berlitz Flex refund policy does not apply to any other product purchased from Berlitz Languages, Inc.
|Time from date of purchase||Tuition refund amount|
|7 days or less||Tuition minus cancellation fee of $50.00|
|More than 7 days||No refund|
- All fees must be paid in advance.
- The subscription starts the day you receive an email with your access credentials to MyBerlitz, the learning platform.
- Student will have access to a language skill level online test before enrollment.
- Student will have access to the learning software, which includes online learning material.
- Students may take one live coaching session per 2 eLearning modules completed until they have completed 40 eLearning modules. After completion of the 40th module, the student will have access to unlimited online private instructor-led lessons, one per day, which can be taken during the learning software subscription period.
- The term of this agreement is noted by the Agreement date located in the top right-hand corner of this agreement.