What's the best way to learn a language online?
Thinking of learning a foreign language for career advancement, relocation, self-improvement or just for fun, but can’t quite seem to get started? Finding the time to learn around a busy schedule or even allocating enough time to attend classes in person can be a challenge.
Online language courses can be a great option if you’re learning a language with a small amount of spare time, aren’t able to travel to classes or just prefer learning online.
Learning a language online with Berlitz
Here at Berlitz, we help make learning a foreign language achievable and fast, by offering two online learning options:
1. Online classes with an instructor
- Lessons are delivered via video call with an instructor - either on your own or with a small group of people who also join the call. This option mimics a physical classroom setting, all in the comfort of your chosen location. You can get immediate feedback and can track your progress in real-time.
- This option is available in over 40 languages and incorporates online activities to help you progress.
- You will also be given access to our student portal, that tracks improvements in real time and lets you know when your goals are achieved. The content on the student portal is available in various formats for easy use on and offline.
- Find out more about online classes with an instructor.
- Self-study lessons are undertaken anytime, anywhere for your convenience. Your learning is done via interactive videos (instead of with an instructor), online activities and our speech recognition technology to help you with pronunciation.
- To add more practice time and make sure you’re on track, our online self study option allows you to book a lesson with an instructor. Instructors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- These programs can also be personalized and content is tailored to match your objectives.
- Self-study is great if you are wanting to learn independently, at your own pace, in your own time. Find out more about self-study.
Inclusions in all Berlitz courses
Most importantly, no matter what online language lesson format you choose, you’ll get all of this as standard:
- Fast results with our proven Berlitz Method of learning. You’ll be immersed in your new language and start speaking from day 1. The Berlitz Method focuses on real life communication rather than the rules of grammar.
- An easy-to-use mobile responsive platform that lets you track your progress and learn anywhere you like, even offline.
- Fun activities to practice your news skills in real life scenarios.
- Cultural understanding pointers to ensure you use the language appropriately and connect genuinely and effectively.
- Opportunities to practice your new language with native speakers. All our online courses include a level of oral interaction with native-fluent instructors. Learning a language is social and used for connecting with others, so we encourage these interactions!
When you learn a new language with Berlitz you’ll be able to speak fluently. You will open your world by connecting with people, experiencing different cultures and enjoying your new skills.