Vacation fun and language learning at Berlitz Camp Edersee Harbshausen
Enjoying climbing adventures, wandering through fairy-tale forests, and learning a language at the same time—that’s what’s on the agenda for our language camp at Edersee in Harbshausen. Our motto is "Nature and Adventure"—and the kids simply try out the foreign language in the group, without being shy.
Language learning made easy with the Berlitz method
Whether it’s doing projects on topics kids are passionate about, exciting debates or writing a camp diary, the Harbshausen Berlitz Camp is all about speaking freely and expanding vocabulary. And fun is the main feature!
Our Harbshausen language camp combines fun with learning languages, all according to our tried-and-tested Berlitz method: learning by speaking. Our language training includes:
- 4 x 45-minute lessons five mornings a week,
- Learning in small groups to encourage active speaking.
Our experienced counselors motivate kids and teens to speak the camp language as much as possible – both in class and during the leisure program in the afternoons.
Games, sports, and lots of nature: our recreational activities
Boredom doesn’t stand a chance at the language camp on the Edersee reservoir. Our experienced Berlitz team plans the leisure program according to the weather and the composition of the group. Very important: even in the afternoons and evenings, the kids and the counselors speak in the foreign language, completely naturally.
The offered activities are designed by the team depending on the weather, preferences of the group and possibility - therefore the program may vary, but could look something like this:
- Put on your helmet for our mountain bike tours: together with an experienced guide, we explore the various forest trails.
- Climbing on the accommodation’s indoor climbing wall or climbing towers: Who manages to stack the most empty beer crates on top of each other and climb on them without losing their blance?
- Another option could be a trial archery course. Here, kids learn the fundamentals, shooting technique, and coordination in archery from professional coaches.
- Those who love the outdoors can look forward to exploring the largest beech forest in Germany and to swimming and relaxing at the Edersee reservoir, for example. On excursions into the surrounding area, we might explore a barefoot trail or tree houses.
- We might also organize a volleyball tournament, a race, or a game of ring tennis.
- And all the creative types will also get the most of everything on offer: in various creative workshops, we give free rein to our ideas, for example, when we do crafts with materials we have collected on our explorations through the forest.
In the evening, we can organize a party in the kids’ disco room or on the beach, a movie night, or a theater performance, for example.
Welcome to Harbshausen: this is where we’ll be staying
Naturcamp Edersee, Im Breitenbachtal 1, 34516 Vöhl-Harbshausen
Experience nature at the Edersee language camp
Our accommodation at the Edersee reservoir in Harbshausen is something very special: the kids stay in rustic huts on stilts, the so-called pulpit houses, with a balcony, private bathroom, and great views of the Edersee reservoir as well as the expansive Kellerwald National Park. The accommodation’s adventure center features a lounge, an indoor climbing wall, and a large common area. The outdoor facilities include a sports field, beach volleyball court, table tennis tables, and parkour over a steep slope. Other highlights in the area include a nature workshop, an archery range, a steep slide, a suspension bridge, tree houses, and a barefoot trail.
Picturesque surroundings in the Kellerwald-Edersee National Park
Our accommodation is located just a few meters from the shore of the 27-kilometer-long Edersee reservoir near Harbshausen, in the middle of the Kellerwald-Edersee National Park. In the surrounding area, there is a magical old beech forest, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
We're here for you
We’re here for you! Simply send us your request through the contact form at the end of the page or give us a call (+49 69 247 525 645, Mon – Fri, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.).Julia Pakravan, Director Kids & Teens Germany
Available Camp Dates
12 - 17 years
11/08/2024 - 17/08/2024
18/08/2024 - 24/08/2024
* Berlitz Language Camps are according to §4 Section 21 a) and b) german UStG tax exempt from VAT.
We accept the following payment methods:
At our holiday camp in Harbshausen, the focus is on your kids. Our qualified counselors are there for the kids and teens all day long – from the morning lessons to the varied leisure program in the afternoons and evenings.
In accordance with the Berlitz method of "learning by speaking", our focus is on speaking the foreign language all day long. But don’t worry: at each of our camps, a German-speaking camp director is always on-hand for the kids and available by phone for all parents.
All the fun and action at our Berlitz language camp also includes good food. The first day starts with dinner. On all other camp days, kids can look forward to three meals - all prepared for us by the accommodation. For lunch, kids either get to pick their own food from a buffet, a hot lunch, or a packed lunch to go.
We’ll try our hardest to cater to kids with allergies, intolerances, or special diets. If applicable, please contact us before booking.
Arrival day overview: We’ll be welcoming all parents and kids on the first day of camp. The exact time for arrival can be found in the travel information sent to all participants before the camp starts. The meet-and-greet allows our Berlitz team and the participants to get to know one another. Parents can ask the team any questions they may have. In our welcome package, kids and teens will receive a practical gym bag, lunch box, and notebook. After a short placement, the camp really gets going.
Departure information: After a joint farewell for both counselors and participants, parents will be able to pick up their kids. Parents can find the exact pick-up time in the travel documents sent out before camp starts. Please arrive on time, as our counselors will also be leaving that day. The certificate of participation and Camp Magazine & Co. will be sent to the kids afterwards.
Then take a look at our kids camp FAQ page where we have gathered further information.
We will also send you further details regarding the pack list, arrival and departure etc. by e-mail after your booking.
Lessons, fun & action: our services at the Harbshausen language camp
- Placement test to divide children into small, performance-based groups
- Language classes on all 5 mornings (always lasting 4 x 45 minutes)
- The complete language and leisure program outlined upon booking
- Excellent counselor-child ratio as well as German-speaking camp director
- Welcome gift, camp magazine and certificate of participation
What our customers say
"The camp was really cool, I could learn and understand a lot of new things in the target language. What I liked most was the fun atmosphere during the language lessons."Language Camp Harbshausen, Easter 2022
You have questions about our camp?
Then contact us now! Call us at 069 666 089 427 or send us a message. Your Berlitz Team will get back to you shortly.