Continuing education pays off for companies and their employees. The German government offers companies a portfolio of subsidy programs for employee training.
Berlitz is a certified company for the provision of subsidized courses
Whether Business English, Business German or German language training for nursing staff - these job-related language courses focus on improving your employees' on-the-job communication skills. Courses meet online, in a Berlitz Center or at your company - with flexible meeting times during the day or after work!
Take advantage of qualification opportunities during the period of short-time work!
Attractive funding programs are available for companies and many training programmes can be offered in a virtual form. We would be happy to provide you with further information.
Qualifizierungschancengesetz (formerly WeGebAU)
The bill to improve qualification opportunities launched by the German job employment agency supports companies by providing grants to cover the cost of further education courses.
- Companies with up to 9 employees can take advantage of grants to cover up to 100% of the course costs.
- Companies with between 10 and 249 employees can take advantage of grants to cover up to 50% of the course costs. (For employees with severe disabilities and for employees older than 45 grants that cover a higher percentage of the costs may be available)
- Companies with between 250 and 2499 employees can take advantage of grants to cover up to 25% of the course costs.
- Companies with more than 2500 employees can take advantage of grants to cover up to 20% of the course costs.
Grants to cover wage costs could also be available in cases where employees have been given time off in order to participate in the course.
- Companies with up to 9 employees can take advantage of grants to cover up to 75% of wage costs.
- Companies with between 10 and 249 employees can take advantage of grants to cover up to 50% of wage costs.
- Companies with more than 250 employees can take advantage of grants to cover up to 25% of wage costs.
If participation in a course leads to an employee gaining a vocational qualification, a grant covering up to 100% of the course costs could be issued.
Upon request, Germany’s Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) will cover 50 percent of the costs when a company’s foreign employees participate in a module of the German for Professional Purposes program. Participation is free of charge for vocational trainees and employees with a low income.
Other state funding options available to your employees
For your employees who wish to pursue continuing education, the state offers support in the form of education bonuses, educational leave, and regional subsidies offered by individual German states.
Take advantage of these government subsidies
As an accredited educational institution, Berlitz can work with you to clarify your requirements and match them with professional training programs.
Contact us – we will be happy to advise you.
Find out more
Contact us today with your questions. We can work together to find the course that’s right for you – with no obligation on your part. Your Berlitz team will contact you shortly.