Why you should learn German at an advanced level with Berlitz
If you already know the basics of German but would like to improve your German skills for level B1, B2, or even C1, Berlitz German courses for advanced learners are the right choice for you. We offer a range of flexible course options that match your language level and are ideal for integrating into your everyday life. With Berlitz, you have all the support you need to start learning German again or to develop your existing skills to better understand the language and culture.
There are many different course offerings from which you can choose. If you would like to take the German course in person, you have the option of learning German at one of our language centers. If you prefer the flexibility and convenience of an online course, you can also take self-study courses or live online classes with a language trainer.
What do you learn in our German for advanced learners course?
Our advanced course consists of four proficiency levels. After completing each of these levels, you will be able to do the following:
Berlitz Level 5 | CEFR Level B 1.1
- Introduce and describe a company
- Participate in business events and maintain contacts
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of different products
- Describe customers or markets
- Describe professional services and skills
- Prepare for and participate in a job interview
Berlitz Level 6 | CEFR Level B 1.2
- Describe business processes
- Make business forecasts based on reports
- Discuss vacation entitlement and employee benefits
- Accept and resolve customer complaints
- Communicate effectively via email
- Congratulate or provide feedback to an employee
Berlitz Level 7 | CEFR Level B 1.3
- Define budgets and negotiate them with clients
- Define the importance of your company's brand
- Analyze sales and negotiation techniques
- Write news or press releases
- Describe the conditions of a job promotion
- Present a project
- Participate in an interview
Berlitz Level 8 | CEFR Level B 2.1
- Describe the vision and mission of a company
- Conduct a business meeting
- Explain growth strategies and business plans
- Discuss innovation strategies
- Make professional contacts
- Use the German language correctly in negotiations
- Analyze global trends in your industry
Further German language levels
German for beginners
In the beginner courses, you will learn the basics of the German language and how to use it in everyday and familiar tasks and situations. You will learn how to ask and answer questions in everyday situations and how to carry on simple conversations. These courses cover language levels A1 and A2.
You will be able to reshape and combine the material you learn to meet your immediate communication and learning needs and have sustained conversations with others on a variety of general topics. Professional German covers language levels C1 and C2.
Berlitz offers advanced German courses for everyone
In these courses you will have the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the German language and interact with other German learners at the same level. Our language trainers will support you, so that you can develop and improve your language skills every day.
German courses for adults
We offer various online and face-to-face courses for adults who want to improve their German language skills.
German courses for children and teenagers
Children and teenagers can learn German together in group or individual lessons with Berlitz.
German courses for business
For companies, we offer a variety of German courses that can be perfectly adapted to your ideas and needs.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Do I have to take an exam at the end of the language course?
You are not required to take an exam at the end of the language course. This is only necessary if you want proof that you have successfully passed the language course. However, you will receive a Berlitz certificate of participation after successfully completing the German course, even without taking an exam.
Are all Berlitz language trainers native speakers?
All Berlitz language trainers are native speakers, which means that you will not only learn accent-free pronunciation and colloquial language relevant to everyday life, but also cultural peculiarities.
Can I take a language course both online and on-site?
You can participate either online or on-site at one of our Berlitz language schools, but you can also combine both course forms thanks to our blended learning language courses. This allows you to enjoy both the benefits of independent learning and the personal attention of our language trainers.
Contact us today with your questions. We can work together to find the course that's right for you - with no obligation on your part. Your Berlitz team will contact you shortly.