Learn to speak German
Available course types:
- Private 1-to-1: In-person or Live Online
- Online Small Groups
- Blended Online self-study courses.
There are about 100 million native German speakers in the world today. German is also an official language in Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, and is widely spoken in eastern France, northern Italy, eastern Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, parts of Poland, Czech Republic, Sweden and Russia. There are also populations of German-speakers outside Europe, for example, in the US and Brazil.
German is the most widely-spoken language in Europe. Germany is also the 3rd largest economy in the world and the strongest in Europe. Some of the best-known global brands are based in Germany: think Mercedes Benz, BMW, Bayer, Miele, Daimler, Siemens, SAP, BASF, Adidas, Allianz, DHL, Volkswagen, Audi, and of course – Aldi.
Listen to what one Berlitz German student says about her experience of learning with Berlitz.
Enjoy a free demo lesson today!
Please contact us or register your details below so we can arrange a time for you to have an assessment or free demo lesson, either in-person or live online. You will experience the Berlitz style of lessons and discover why Berlitz has been successful for over 140 years.
OpenPay is now available for all Berlitz courses so you can start learning right now & pay later.
- Flexible interest-free installments over 2 months, 3 or 4 months, up to 6 months.
- Subject to OpenPay T&Cs for eligible applicants.
- Apply online now or discuss with our friendly staff for more details.
- You can also visit our Online Store to choose your course and pay directly with Paypal, GooglePay, etc.
- Private 1-to-1 courses are available for in-person lessons at the Berlitz centres, or choose from our Live Online options.
- Open small groups are available online (only 3-6 people).
- Self-study programs which include live lessons: Berlitz Flex or Connect.
- German lessons (private or open online groups) are available for children of all ages with specialised teachers.
- For Private 1-to-1 courses, you can choose 10 lessons, 20 lessons or 40-lesson packages. To complete one proficiency level takes 40 lessons.
- Private online lessons are a min. 45 minutes or 1 hour each lesson.
- Private face-to-face lessons are a min. 1.5 hours.
- Online small group classes are 40 hours in total, running for 20 weeks.
- Self-study courses are available as a 6-month or 12-month subscription.
Berlitz has 10 levels, ranging from Level 1 (Beginner/A1) right up to Levels 9 and 10 (C1/C2) for fluency or native level. Find out about the different Berlitz Levels.
We also offer more specialised German skills for Intermediate & Advanced learners, including Business German, Business Emails, Business Meetings, Customer Service & Social Situations in Business, plus preparation for German language proficiency exams.
- You can choose your own flexible schedule for our Private 1-to-1 courses and Charter Group programs that are delivered in-person.
- For Private Live Online programs, lessons can be booked online 24/7 for any day or time that suits you.
- Our Online Small Group courses are fixed schedules for 20 weeks. There are different times available for people who prefer daytime or evenings. Please ask our office to find out more about the next available courses.
- Private in-person lessons range from $70 to $80 per hour, depending on the course duration.
- Private Live Online courses start from only $42 a lesson, for packages of 10 lessons, 20 and 40-lessons.
- Online Small Groups have a standard price of $799, which is just below @$20 per hour for the 40-hour course. Remember that these groups only have 3-6 people maximum in each class, not 10 or 12, so you learn much faster and have a lot more speaking time in every class.
Here are some of our satisfied clients
Many of our foreign language students work at these companies. What are you waiting for?
Contact us now for more details
Please fill in your details and one of our friendly staff will contact you very soon.