Unlock a world of rich culture and history when you learn Italian, with our diverse range of Italian lessons and classes.
When you learn to speak and understand this beautiful Romance language, you won't just learn the Italian language. You'll be opening up a world of magnificent Italian culture.
Moreover, our Italian classes will unleash your confidence and skills to converse with Italian speakers in many social and business situations.
So how do we do this? We use the Berlitz Method in every Italian class and course.
- Our unsurpassed method is based on immersive language learning.
- It's proven to be one of the fastest, most efficient ways to learn a new language.
- Using this method, you'll only speak Italian during your lessons, which will be conducted by a Berlitz-certified native instructor.
You'll have the option to choose from both group and private Italian courses based on your timeline, budget and preferences, so you can enjoy the same language learning methods regardless of the class type you choose.
Why learn Italian online or in-person at Berlitz?
We have over a century of success training people just like you how to speak confidently, fluently and with the mastery of a local.
Certified and experienced teachers
Our language instructors have the professional qualifications and native level speaking skills to successfully guide your Italian learning journey and help you navigate any questions or issues that you may have.
Our Italian classes offer you maximum flexibility so you can decide when, where, and how often you want to practice Italian, no matter whether you want to learn in-person, learn Italian online, in a group, or individually.
We understand that everyone is different. That’s why we design all of our Italian courses to meet the personal needs of our students and their circumstances.
Online Italian learning options
Enjoy study from the comfort of your own home, your local coffee shop, or wherever you find yourself, with the flexibility of Berlitz online learning - the best way to learn Italian online.
Find an Italian language school near you
Want to learn in-person? Find out if there is a Berlitz Language Center location near you.
What our learners say
“The one-on-one Berlitz course was perfectly suited for my needs. I will be signing up for it again soon”John, USA
Find out more
Fill in the form below and an enrollment advisor will contact you to discuss our language options with you.
5 excellent reasons to learn Italian
- Italian is a great language to learn for business – it's the second-largest manufacturing economy in Europe.
- Did you know that Shakespeare based many of his plays in Italian locations? Undoubtedly, Italy has been paramount in shaping the arts industry. And when you learn Italian, you'll feel closer to this world of glorious art history, from iconic film and television to literature and Italian plays and opera.
- Italian is one of the easiest languages for English speakers to learn, according to research from FSI. That means you'll reach basic fluency faster compared to other languages with significant linguistic differences from English.
- Appreciate culinary experiences like you've never appreciated them before. Learning the Italian language will open you up to authentic food and drink experiences, from reading a menu to ordering cuisine like a local. Moreover, having the confidence to compliment the chef and say how much you love the tagliolini will win you bonus brownie points amongst Italian language speakers.
- You might know Italian has a reputation as a romantic language, but did you know it often wins random polls and gets voted as the language with the sexiest accent in the world? Learning Italian might help you make friends, flirt or even find the love of your life – especially if you can express love and affection in Italian.
Learn Italian basics online for free
Want to explore dipping your toe into the sparkling sea of Italian vocabulary? Check out our free Italian lessons online via our blog that will help you get acquainted with some must-know vocabulary.
Start with the Italian alphabet here.Mastering Italian pronunciation is an awesome way to start to learn Italian basics.
Then, start building your Italian greeting vocabulary:
- Ways to say hello in Italian
- How to say goodbye in Italian
- How to say thank you, and you're welcome in Italian
Next, conquer Italian pronouns.Build your confidence in understanding the structure of the language because understanding how to piece it all together is vital.
Of course, it's always helpful to learn numbers, times, and dates:
- Numbers in Italian
- How to tell the time in Italian
- Months of the year in Italian
- Days of the week in Italian
Keep adding to your vocabulary with Italian lessons on our blog!
Keep expanding your vocabulary. If you're feeling confident with learning Italian basics, you may want to level up with proper Italian classes so you can get professional guidance and feedback from a fluent speaker.